[colug-432] Great moments in computer science

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Wed Jun 3 08:57:52 EDT 2015

On 06/03/2015 08:38 AM, tom wrote:
> You are assuming a completely fly by wire car. Are there any today?

Prius (to name another Toy). I would think any electric or "full
hybrid". Just speaking about the accelerator, not brakes.

Transmission in a pure electric or full hybrid is generally also totally
wired, no mechanical cockpit access.

> For instance my car has manual transmission with a manually operated
> clutch. It does have electric power steering. Don't know if or how
> much a computer controls that.   ...

My Prius has electric power steering. Power assisted steering (electric
or hydraulic) and power assisted brakes (electric/regen or hydraulic)
retain some kind of mechanical linkage. I don't know the details.

-- R; <><