[colug-432] puppet: leveraging another module

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Fri Jun 12 13:11:44 EDT 2015

The Puppet in Satellite 6 will be locked in at an older version, and will be very slow to upgrade. I think you're likely to miss out on a lot of the developing features of Puppet if you use Sat6.

I see Sat6's Puppet+Foreman as cobbler before them: a good jump start for big, slow moving enterprises that will benefit from some level of automation, but not something super useful for more nimble customers who can tackle automation and config management on their own.

But maybe I'm wrong.