[colug-432] Expiration Date

tom thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:47:31 EDT 2015

After fooling around with a Dell Dimension 4550, and a Dell Optiplex
210L, I am wondering how soon I will not be able to run a current and up
to date Linux Distro such as Ubuntu, Mint,or Fedora on it. I could
probably run Puppy or DSL, but I find them to be an option of last
resort. I am currently running a Dell Inspiron 1520 Pentium Dual Core in
it. LinuxMint 17 Cinnamon LTS. Pretty much does anything I need to do
such as browser with many tabs open and YouTube. Plays DVD's quite well.
I may consider more RAM or a Dual Core Duo upgrade If that's compatible
with my chipset and BIOS ver, but not if the laptop will be antiquated
in the near future.

Tom

--
Sent by LinuxMint