[colug-432] Ruby de/serialization

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 20:20:19 EDT 2015

Rick Hornsby wrote:
> I'm working on a Ruby (2.x, I know it matters) app, and one of the things I need is to be able to serialize/deserialize custom objects to/from JSON.  I've got the serialization down, that was pretty easy.  The deserialization is proving to be a much more difficult beast.
>
> Gist links at the bottom of the message.

I've been poking at this for a few days.  Decided to futz some more with
the initialize method.  I don't really understand why (or how?), but I
finally did get the deserialization to work.  I still don't understand
why the weird array encapsulation behavior either.

https://gist.github.com/rjhornsby/6db2760db605bea6f865