[colug-432] Raspberry Pi 2

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 12:17:47 EDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 12:06 PM, Jonathan <shoggoth at didntihaveahat.com> wrote:
> I thought I'd mention for any who are interested that Microcenter has these on their shelves as of yesterday. I don't think they're listed on their site. But I was there yesterday and picked one up. 34.99

The MicroCenter has been stocking these since day one, but they sell
out quickly.

I got one the first day.  They are very nice.  One tip: don't try to
boot it from an "old" image that works with previous models.  The Pi2
has an ARMv7 core and you need to use one of the recent spins that
support it.  All the old hardware attachments should still work
(unless you are trying to power it up the USB ports - that no longer
works - you have to put +5V in either the GPIO connector or the
microUSB power connector.  This affected my wiring arrangement for my
Motorola Atrix dock).

-ethan