[colug-432] On boot, can I get e2fsck to pause if disk isn't there?

Joshua Kramer joskra42.list at gmail.com
Sun May 3 16:31:02 EDT 2015

> Three options:

Thanks for the information, Brian.  I found that if I disabled filesystem
checks, the USB subsystem still hadn't seen the disk partitions by the time
it needed to mount.  So it still failed.

I found that if I put a "rootwait=4" option on the command line, it
worked.  The option is supposed to delay the mounting of the root volume by
X number of seconds, but it has a side effect of delaying the mounting of
EVERYTHING for that number of seconds.