[colug-432] SFTP

Steve VanSlyck s.vanslyck at postpro.net
Wed May 13 10:15:53 EDT 2015

Hi.

I can log in to my CentOS 6.5 x63 VPS running on DigitalOcean just
fine with SSH but attempting to access via SFTP results in an
error, "No supported authentication methods available," after
presenting my username.

I installed sftp thusly:

sudo yum -y install vsftpd

sudo yum -y install ftp

sudo nano /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf Set <code>anonymous_enable=NO</code>

sudo service vsftpd restart

chkconfig vsftpd on

iptables is running but based on the above I assumed it was not the
culprit. Given the known murphy backend to the ass-u-me API that comes
standard with all human wetware, I stopped the iptables service an tried
to sftp again, with the same result. So I restarted iptables (the entire
server for that matter) and wrote this email.

Ideas anyone?