[colug-432] iptables

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu May 14 15:24:38 EDT 2015

On Thu, 14 May 2015, jep200404 at columbus.rr.com wrote:

> On Wed, 13 May 2015 22:08:34 -0400, Rob Funk <rfunk at funknet.net> wrote:
>
> > I thought at one time the list rejected messages with HTML parts, ...
>
> What this list used to do was to drop the HTML parts.
> Only plain text got through.

well, sort of.  The algorithm looks for MIME text, and two
other types of HTML MIME encoded parts, and if a text (or
other two) part is present, retains the others

As the link posted to the mailman development site noted,
there is not one 'correct' answer.  We have tried various
'mime-defang' and other tools over the years, dating back to
the Majordomo days (on a RHL 3.0.3 host), and the only
constant that I can see is that there is no way to satisfy
everyone

-- Russ herrold