[colug-432] nc replacement in RHEL7?

Jeff Frontz jeff.frontz at gmail.com
Thu May 28 17:47:45 EDT 2015

traceroute -T uses TCP to send a SYN.  It doesn't exit with a non-zero, but
the output indicates success/failure -- I get a "!X" in the output.  Hmm,
that may only come out if the far end has a firewall that silently drops
packets destined for inaccessible ports-- according to the man page,
receiving a "reset" is considered a success (I guess since you were able to
reach the target host).