[colug-432] raspberry pi books?

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 22:49:45 EST 2015

Just got my first RaspberryPi a couple of weeks ago.  I have since relegated it to the wiring closet as a mini server.  It uses about 1W, whereas the tower I had going used around 140W at idle.

I bought a second Pi for the original project I wanted to work on related to reading and displaying CAN data on my car.  I have a CAN daughter board on order[1].

Any recommendations on Pi books?  I know Linux (it’s my day job), and I know very (very) basic things about the purpose of a resistor and capacitor, and I know that an LED is a diode.  Beyond that I’m kind of just staring at this thing - having made a couple of LEDs blink, and a photo resistor report a value - although I couldn’t tell you how to wire up those two things again without going back to the tutorial I used.

thanks!

[1] http://skpang.co.uk/catalog/pican-canbus-board-for-raspberry-pi-p-1196.html