[colug-432] 2D CAD

Tom thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 00:42:24 EDT 2015

On 10/07/2015 11:03 PM, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Tom <thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looking for Linux compatible 2D CAD. Will be running with Linux Mint 17
>> Cinnamon 64 bit. Tried LibreCAD, then Qcad...
> QCad is 2D CAD.  It's what I use (it's also what MakerBot used to
> design their first printer, the CupCake CNC).  What were you expecting
> in a CAD package, or what did you want to do that QCad didn't do?
>
> -ethan
For example, I could not do an array of something unless I paid for a
full featured version of QCAD. Dimensioning was wonky as well. There
were other things that did not work in the version I downloaded. I did
not feel like spending a lot of time looking for a fully functional
version that I could get for free. There were not enough really basic
things working so that I could get a feel of whether or not it suited
me. I don't have a problem with anybody making money for their stuff.
What version do you use. Did you pay for it? How much? If you did not
pay for full function, how did you get it?

Tom