[colug-432] Ohio LinuxFest Schedule Updates

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Thu Sep 24 12:09:48 EDT 2015

Free Software Foundation 30th Celebration and UNIX of 1985
Retrospective with Jon 'maddog' Hall

In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the Free Software
Foundation, the Ohio LinuxFest has added the following functions to
the program.

## Friday October 2 at 5:30 P.M.
We will begin a retrospective of UNIX with two back to back films:

* “Unix: Making Computers easier to use,” from the AT&T Archives and
History Center
* The "UNIX" Episode of 1985 PBS series "Computer Chronicles" with
permission from Stewart Cheifet Productions

The films will be immediately followed with a discussion of how far
Free Software has come in the past 30 years, lead by Linux
International Executive Director, Jon 'maddog' Hall.

## Saturday October 3 at 8:00 P.M.
We will hold a birthday party for the Free Software Foundation
sponsored by Think Penguin. The festivities will feature:

* Birthday cake, ice cream, party games, and ticketed bar.
* Raffle of a Think Penguin computer
* Adjacent to the party we will have a live video stream to the Boston
FSF Party which will include a special address from Richard Stallman

Friday night films are gratis for registered attendees at all levels.
Tickets for the After Party on Saturday are $5 for "Enthusiast"
registrants and are included with "Supporting" and "Professional"
registration.

Please take a minute to register at http://ohiolinux.org/registration.