[colug-432] The Dark Lord: Ansible

Greg Sidelinger gate at ilive4code.net
Mon Apr 25 22:50:51 EDT 2016

An Ansible presentation would be very interesting and I've even thought of
doing one myself.  I started playing with it six moths ago and have really
enjoyed it so far, it's so simple but powerful. I've run into a few quirks
but so far am very happy with it.  Granted I've not used it do much OS
level configuration nor any large scale roll outs.  I've written IBM
Websphere modules that I'm using to install the software on the servers at
built time.  Writing custom modules in python is pretty simple as long as
you extent their base class.  The dynamic inventory support is nice and as
long as you have good inventory management the possibilities are endless
how to customize data getting passed into a playbook.