[colug-432] unix monitoring

Phil Harris philtech at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 13:08:32 EST 2016

I'm currently working with Zabbix, which does have a GUI but is complex to
setup and run.

Previously, I did a bit of work with what was then called Hobbit and is now
called Xymon.  That was a decent package with a workable GUI (albeit with a
somewhat wierd default theme) which was highly extensible through a
scripting API.

I've been curious about Nagios, given it's popularity and the ready
availability of tools.  But it sounds problematic,

Phil