[colug-432] expired keys

Roberto C. Sánchez roberto at connexer.com
Tue Jul 12 16:48:46 EDT 2016

There was a time when individual organizations would manage their own
web presence, including things like SSL certificates.  Over the last
decade plus the services and the DoD have been centralizing management
of network services (including things like mail, web, AD, etc.)
resulting in a progressively more uniform and progressively crappier
experience for everyone.

Regards,

-Roberto

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 04:40:27PM -0400, Vince Herried wrote:
>    messing with sendmail a google pointed me to a .mil web site
>    when I go peek I get a warning about an expired key ( think that was the
>    message )
>
>    Is this an example of our stupid goverment IT organizations ?
>
>    here is the site that google pointed me to...
>    [1]https://www.hpc.mil/index.php/2013-08-29-16-03-23/networking-overview/2013-10-03-17-24-38/ipv6-knowledge-base-infrastructure/sendmail-and-ipv6
>
>    kind of funny it is titled with ....; modernization program .....

>    Vince
>
> References
>
>    Visible links
>    1. https://www.hpc.mil/index.php/2013-08-29-16-03-23/networking-overview/2013-10-03-17-24-38/ipv6-knowledge-base-infrastructure/sendmail-and-ipv6