[colug-432] OpenVPN Security Help

Alon Ganon alon at ganon.me
Thu Jun 23 20:00:06 EDT 2016

So I have been teaching myself quite a lot with VPS and such, and I have
built my own OpenVPN for me to securely connect while on possibly
insecure wifi. What are some additional steps I should take to increase
security. I built my current one on Digital Ocean using this guide,
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-14-04
. I have added Fail2Ban with a filter just for OpenVPN as well as
changed encryption to AES. I am only planning on my laptop, cell phone
to be used, but am planning to have it work for at least 5-10 devices
max including the girlfriends devices. Thank you in advance for any help

Best Regards,

Alon Ganon

Alon's Personal E-Mail
If Business related please E-Mail: alon at dtg3d.com <mailto:alon at dtg3d.com>
Blog: alonganon.info <https://alonganon.info>
Writer and Member of Being Libertarian <https://beinglibertarian.com>
Supporter of Free/Libre Software
Sent on Xubuntu GNU/Linux with Mozilla Thunderbird

NOTE: ANY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WILL BE SENT ENCRYPTED
Encryption Methods: GnuPG, VeraCrypt, or 7-Zip with AES256
Password for Encrypted files will be sent via alternate communication
(Whatsapp, Facebook, etc.) Unless email is sent encrypted with GnuPG