[colug-432] May COLUG: Ansible

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Wed May 4 16:14:42 EDT 2016

# MEETING NOTICE

Central Ohio Linux User Group
Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 7 - 9 PM EDT

Please [RSVP](http://goo.gl/forms/t1Bj0u2g0o) if you plan to attend.

# PRESENTATION

We have a double header!

First, Josh Preston from Red Hat will introduce Ansible.
"Simple, powerful, agentless: Ansible is a premier tool used by DevOps
teams to manage, automate and orchestrate large and complex
infrastructures and applications.  Come learn what it is, how it
works, break down some examples, explore Ansible Galaxy and witness a
couple playbook executions.  Questions and friendly banter are
welcome!"

Then our own Jim Prior will present on some dark sides of Ansible
based on his experience using it on a recent project.

# LOCATION

The meeting will be held at:

   CoverMyMeds
   2 Miranova Place
   Columbus, OH 43215

[Google Map](https://goo.gl/maps/yT1jNynVkSF2)

Please sign in with security and then take the elevator to the eleventh floor.

# PARKING

Orange section in parking garage

NOTE: please [RSVP](http://goo.gl/forms/t1Bj0u2g0o) so that the
correct number of parking vouchers can be secured.

Please park in the Orange section of the parking garage, which is
specifically for guest parking. Parking in any other spot runs the
risk of taking someone’s assigned parking spot. There is little risk
of doing so at 7 PM, but why risk causing any trouble? Please park in
the orange section. We will have parking vouchers so you do not have
to pay to park if you [RSVP](http://goo.gl/forms/t1Bj0u2g0o)'d.

On-street

On-street parking is available at meters. I do not know how late they
are enforced. We are in the Car2Go service area, so Car2Go users can
park at nearby meters for free.

Thanks to [CoverMyMeds](https://www.covermymeds.com/) for hosting us!
They're hiring all sorts of technical folks, check out their job
postings and tech blog [ScriptScribe](https://www.scriptscribe.org/).