[colug-432] copyright ...an API?

William Yang wyang at gcfn.net
Thu May 12 22:08:10 EDT 2016

#include <std_disclaimer_i_am_not_a_lawyer.h>

I suspect it stems from copyright including the right to control whether
someone's allowed to create a derivative work.

Using the API is being construed as derivative, as it relies
specifically on the creative expression of the API.  The layout and
design of the API is also being construed as creative and expressive, in
that there are many other ways to say the same essential thing.