[colug-432] Learn How To Scratch Your Own Itch

Jeff Frontz jeff.frontz at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:56:36 EDT 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Jim Wildman <jim at rossberry.com> wrote:

> The CatB was very useful to me in explaining open source to corporate
> types (not that I gave
> it to them directly).  And I always took it as aruging FOR the GNU style
> (bazaar) of
> development.

I was thinking GNU (think gnumacs and gcc) were more of the cathedral
variety-- just a few people privy to the design/construction and the
results systematically/periodically turned loose on the masses.  In
contrast, Linux is the bazaar --  hundreds (thousands?) of people working
in public on the kernel, with constant churn/changes.

Jeff