[colug-432] AD auth for apache web page

Brian Miller bnmille at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 09:06:55 EDT 2016

On 10/03/2016 08:04 AM, Angelo McComis wrote:
> Do you have the required Apache module installed?
>
> Based on this page:
>
> https://www.jamescoyle.net/how-to/1410-apache-active-directory-group-authentication
>
> It shows exactly what you're asking for.
>
> Angelo
>
> _____________________________

Your issue isn't the .htaccess file.  Do you have something like this in
your httpd.conf file?

# use .htaccess files for overriding
AccessFileName .htaccess
# and never show them
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
	Order allow,deny
	Deny from all
</Files>

Otherwise, the .htaccess file is just anothr file in the directory, with
no special significance.

Assuming, of course, that you have apache configured properly to use AD.