[colug-432] tracking WAN data usage

William Yang wyang at gcfn.net
Sun Oct 9 09:59:43 EDT 2016

pfSense has a lot of features around bandwitch monitoring.

I usually monitor bandwidth using snmp stats for the upstream interfaces
(made more complex if you have multiple uplinks, such as VPN tunnels
;-).  ntop does it (and at one point I had remote data collection
working to pull ntop data from pfsense and doing offline analysis on a
Linux box; not sure where that code went).... or netflow... or...  there
may be more.