[colug-432] SixXS is dead

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Mon Oct 24 12:32:28 EDT 2016

friends --

I was trying to move my "SixXS gateway" guest, which had other problems,
but found that tic.sixxs.net today resolves to 127.0.0.1. That's not
right, but seems to be coming from SixXS. (They're trying to wean
everyone off their service anyway, but this seems like a mistake.)

Does anyone happen to know a recent viable IPv4 address for
tic.sixxs.net? Please do share!

A related question: does anyone know a service which provides static
IPv6 addresses? (Tunneled works for me. I can get dynamic non-tunneled
IPv6 from TWC. Looking for IPv6 addrs that don't bounce around.)

Thanks.

-- R; <><