[colug-432] Watch "How to recover data from a hard drive (stuck heads: buzzing, clicking, etc)" on YouTube

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Thu Sep 22 11:50:34 EDT 2016

On 09/22/2016 10:21 AM, Vince Herried wrote:

> https://youtu.be/F5Y7BniaRXg
>
> I discovered a bunch of YouTube

Thanks much, Vince.

Yep, stiction. I don't think that's the problem here. (But will watch
some of the other videos. How did we ever survive before YouTube? I've
done minor repairs on fridge, washer, and dryer in recent years.)

Now that the panic has subsided a little, I'm remembering that we tried
to fix a Mac disk for my wife's friend. We discovered, lo and behold,
you can order replacement controllers and swap out the electronics w/o
opening the thing and exposing the platters to scary dust and dog hair.
(Huskies ... gotta love em.) So I'll probably try that route before
dollaring-up to Disk Doctors.

-- R; <><