[colug-432] Can't find Audio Card

tom thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 16:24:46 EDT 2017

My Dell Inspiron E1705 aka MP061 is supposed to have 2 audio cards, an
Intel and a Sigmatel. This machine had XP on it and saw the Sigmatel,
but I could never get the driver installed. Mint 18 32bit is installed
on it now. I ran inxi -Fxz but there is no indication of the Sigmatel. I
am thinking the Sigmatel chip is bad and that is why inxi is not listing it.

Dell says that in order to record sound the Sigmatel must be operating
and the Intel NM10/ICH7 only plays sound. Can Linux see the Sigmatel
card even if it is no good. CanLinux see the card if there is no linux
driver for it?

Tom