[colug-432] google spam filters eating our threads

Angelo McComis angelo at mccomis.com
Thu Feb 9 11:33:35 EST 2017

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 11:11 AM, Rob Funk <rfunk at funknet.net> wrote:

> But when I send a message
> directly to Gmail, the DKIM signature is valid. If there's something I can
> do on my end to make the list not break DKIM I'm all ears.

​Rob,

DKIM is explicitly designed to ensure the authenticity of a mail sender to
the mail recipient.  Sending a message through a mailing list manager
which, among other things, adds a footer, adds extra headers, and so on,
does tend to invlalidate the DKIM signatures, ​and that's not entirely seen
as an incorrect outcome. It "should" invalidate it because technically, the
message has (although innocently) been altered.  I have not read the entire
RFC on this, but this link:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6377

...it contains best practices for DKIM and Mailing Lists.

Angelo