[colug-432] Dell 3230dn needs a home

FiL Farris philipfarris at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 11:20:27 EST 2017

Is it possibly a 2330dn?

On Feb 28, 2017 11:13 AM, "Vince Herried" <vherried at gmail.com> wrote:

Free,  I will be at the Yin Yue Wednesday and Friday at 11 am.  Else it
goes to recycle.

Issues:
printing duplex jams,  I suspect needs the paper path cleaned.

Currently setup with a fixed IP address, so you have to figure out how to
change it via the buttons
on the device or the Builtin WebServer.  it is set at 10.3.141.4

The Toner levels are around 20% and the best price I found was ~ $50.

Did I mention free?

Dell has a Linux driver for it on their support web site.  Enter the
product code on the device
to get there.

I have a sticker on the front that tells the idle current value,  IIRC < 15
Watts

It is bouncing around in my trunk atm.

Some time ago, I was able to get Nagios to find and report on the status of
this printer, including
toner level.  I posted that to this group.

Did I mention FREE?  I don't want it sent to the crusher.

---
Vince