[colug-432] February meeting ideas?

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Wed Jan 25 14:07:03 EST 2017

On 01/25/2017 12:52 PM, Scott Merrill wrote:
> Hi everyone!  It's been a couple months since our last meeting.  Is
> there interest in getting together?
>
> Does anyone have anything interesting they'd like to share?
>
> I'd be happy to present how I've used todotxt.com, Syncthing, and a few
> Android apps to replace Evernote, if that's of any interest.
I hadn't heard of either of those and they both look interesting.
Syncthing is written in Go, which I've been programming in at work for
the last couple of years, nice!  I'll look into contributing code to
that and I'd attend.  I can see if Manta would let us use their space.
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to attract new members?  Our meeting
> participation has been pretty much the same for some time, and I'd love
> to see new faces join the group!
Fliers and handouts on campuses and other meetings, a facebook page,
linkedin articles, online ads.  The webpages need updating.  This all
requires volunteers and some money.  Maybe we should declare that we are
more than a Linux user group, since we are now more about Open Source,
Android, Gadgets, 3D printing, Raspberry Pis, Automation, Continuous
Integration and on and on...

Judd