[colug-432] Text Editor

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 01:23:23 EDT 2017

On June 22, 2017 at 23:11:01, tom (thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com) wrote:

On 06/22/2017 09:33 PM, Rick Hornsby wrote:

However, with only Tom's OP to go by, I'd reckon the user in question would
be completely lost in a terminal.

Yeah, He would be lost. OS 10.6.8 has a text editor in Utilities. Where are
Utilities in OS Sierra? Is there a default word processor in Sierra? If so,
I could save the document in .rtf or .odt.

My apologies. I looked again. In Sierra (10.12), TextEdit is in
Applications. I think it used to be in Applications > Utilities.

The default word processor, if you will, is going to be TextEdit.
Aforementioned caveats aside, there's no a good reason your user shouldn't
just be able to double click on the file and have it open with TextEdit
automagically.