[colug-432] colug.net and gmail not playing well together?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 13:13:42 EST 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Jeff Frontz <jeff.frontz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got [what purports to be] a robo mailing from colug-432-reqeuest
> saying that my membership was being disabled "due to excessive bounces"....

I haven't been seeing this on colug-432 but I'm seeing this exact
thing on a different list I'm on that has been an ongoing thing.

It's been happening on this other mailing list for months and there is
much discussion as to the cause and fix.  Currently the discussion is
revolving around broken Spam detection and members posting from AOL
addresses.

I have to re-enable my membership multiple times a week.  It's not my
account that's the specific problem - most of the traffic I see is
from gmail users in general, none of whom are really bouncing in the
traditional sense.

-ethan