[colug-432] a little threaded programming prep

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Mon May 1 12:44:59 EDT 2017

I have a question about C and thread-safe programming.
When I define automatic variables in a function, are those taken from
thread storage or from global/common storage? In other words, if I have
17 threads which might call the same plain function, do I need to do
anything special in that function so they don't step on each other?
(Here "special" meaning more than simply NOT marking variables as extern
or static.)

I've never done threaded C per se. (Have done even driven in C and
assembler enough times. Hate to think I'm a total noob. But ... dragons
and land minds ... lots I don't know.)

Thanks!

-- R; <><