[colug-432] Installation Problem

Stephen P. Molnar s.molnar at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 16 15:11:00 EDT 2018

True.  However, when the installer got to the point of my telling it to
go ahead and format the drive it went back to the previous page.

Just to check the drive I downloaded the live distribution, burned it to
a cd and it ran without any problems.  Unfortunately, there was no
option to install the OS.

On 08/16/2018 02:51 PM, Chris Punches wrote:
> There's a built-in partitioning tool in the graphical install wizard
>
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 2:45 PM Stephen P. Molnar
> <s.molnar at sbcglobal.net <mailto:s.molnar at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
>
>     I'm almost embarrassed having to ask this question, but Google
>     doesn't
>     seem to be my friend.
>
>     I want to install Debian Stretch on a new, completely blank, SSD.
>     Do I
>     have to partition the drive before running the Debian installer?
>     If so,
>     any particular choice of partitions?
>
>     As I said, I'm rather embarrassed, but I really don't know the answer.
>
>     Thanks in advance.
>
>     --
>     Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
>     Consultant