[colug-432] Installation Problem

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:19:55 EDT 2018

On August 17, 2018 at 14:04:40, Stephen P. Molnar (s.molnar at sbcglobal.net)
wrote:

Well, this was a red faced forehead slapper.� I wasn't scrolling down to
the bottom of the installer page where I could select to go on in the
installation process.

Meh, don’t sweat it. That happens too often IMHO where important controls
either get buried below the fold as it were (sometimes without benefit of
even a scroll bar to be able to reach the control - resize the window to
just barely get enough of the button visible to be able to click it), or
end up in weird and unexpected places. For instance — Oh, so I just went
from the top of the form/dialog stepping through all your fields - left to
right and top to bottom as the VAST majority of speakers (English and
otherwise) do, and there’s no control to move to the next step? Oh, I see.
Some UX fools decided to put that alll the way back at the beginning in the
top left corner of the form. People.