[colug-432] GPG/PGP vulnerability

Roberto C. Sánchez roberto at connexer.com
Mon May 14 19:27:43 EDT 2018

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 02:26:16PM -0700, Rick Hornsby wrote:

>    It feels like we’re dealing with the same thing. Unless GPG has some kind
>    of code exploitation bug or built-in scripting engine that’s being abused,
>    I’m having difficulty finding fault with GPG here.

I agree.  EFF's reaction to this and their recommendation seem far off
base and out of step with what I have come to expect of them.  Anybody
who is serious about security is already aware of the dangers of HTML
(you summarized the issues nicely in your message, though I did not
quote it here).

--
Roberto C. Sánchez
http://people.connexer.com/~roberto