[colug-432] creating sparse disk images

Chris Punches punches.chris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 20:32:41 EST 2018

You don't need a sparse file.  And you're telling dd to copy the whole disk
and that's what it's doing.  It's a 16GB card.  If you had partitions you
would refer to them as /dev/sdc{1..4}

To make an iso file from a directory you want to use something like

`mkisofs -o ${ISO_PATH} ${DIRECTORY}`

Keep in mind you still have no bootloader.  You'll want to install one if
you want to actually boot from that disk.  Grub2 is nice.

-C