[colug-432] md (linux drive mirroring)

Jeff Frontz jeff.frontz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 16:26:49 EDT 2019

Thanks, Russ -- So the "U to -" change doesn't have an associated dmesg?
Or is the "raid5: Disk failure on sdf1, disabling device" what would
accompany it?  I'm assuming a single hard failure is enough to take a
drive/slice out of the array?

What kernel is this on?  My md module apparently outputs "md:"-prefixed
messages and the only thing I've ever seen from it is for the periodic
"data-check of RAID array". There was definitely nothing from it when there
were reports from sd about unrecoverable read errors (and associated
message about EIO from blk_update_request).

Unfortunately, the system is remote and all I have is syslog/journald
output (I can't run mdadm or the like).

Jeff