[colug-432] Fwd: Fstab Questions

Stephen Potter spp at unixsa.net
Tue Mar 5 21:42:59 EST 2019

On 3/5/2019 2:36 PM, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> 1. Will the boot proceed to completion?
> 2. Will users have read/write permission?

Presuming your bootblock is installed properly on /dev/sda and your
kernel is properly in /boot on /dev/sda1, your boot should work.  Of
course, this is all dependent on your other services and such being
properly setup and there not being corruption on /dev/sda1 that requires
an fsck.

fstab has nothing to do with user level permissions.  I assume you mean
read/write permission to /hdb1 and /hdc1.  It will depend on how you
created the mount points as well as the filesystems on /dev/sdb1 and
/dev/sdc1.

-spp