[colug-432] Colug can provide resources for best practices in Linux Environments

Chris Punches punches.chris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 14:19:48 EDT 2019

Hey All,

I've been out for a few months doing an infosec focus on a contract.

Something's been bothering me about Linux infrastructure in at least this
area in most enterprise environments for a while, now.

It's occurred to me that there are many best practices that you would
probably think are "givens", but, usually due to education issues or
politics, are not givens in even sometimes well established, but now
strained enterprise environments where places kind of work against
themselves without realizing it.

I think that having a wiki where these best practices are documented by the
local LUG would be beneficial and would probably generate some attention
for the LUG as well.  If we did do something like this we'd want to provide
some writeups that fill readers in with explanations of common education
gaps or addressing common fallacious arguments (provide a big picture
context) against these practices.

Do we have the resources for maintaining a simple wiki?

-C