[colug-432] blacklist usb device

Jeff Frontz jeff.frontz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 10:29:08 EDT 2023

On Tue, Aug 1, 2023 at 11:02 PM Rick Hornsby <rhornsby at ktzr.net> wrote:

> After iterating through the devices to see which one made a difference,
>
>         'echo "1-1:1.0" > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/hub/unbind'

Nice!  I'd completely forgotten the `unbind`/`bind` interface (but now
that you mention it, I grepped around and found that I use it in a
test environment to force an emulated SD reader to re-establish its
USB presence after reconfiguring the emulator).

I have this vague feeling that there's a way to "hard code" that in a
driver config... somehow-- but it's been too many years.

Jeff