[colug-jobs] FW: Accepted: RE: System Administrator
wmoore at 2co.com
Wed Aug 31 18:00:06 EDT 2011
A couple Linux related positions in Cincinnati.
From: Natalie Pierce [mailto:npierce at prgrecruiting.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:53 PM
To: Warner Moore
Subject: FW: Accepted: RE: System Administrator
Thank you for getting back to me. I really appreciate you sharing this position with your network. Below you will find the details that I have for the Database position. I have also included the Developer position being that some of the skills are similar. If there is someone who is interested, I will be happy to share the additional details that I have with them.
• Organize and optimize existing MySQL and PostgreSQL databases, clearly advising Software Engineers with regard to impact, necessary code changes, and expected outcome
• Architect systems to provide the best performance, highest availability, and solid backup/recovery procedures
• Create new databases, tables, and assist with queries as required, working with Software Engineers collaboratively to meet the needs of the project
• Responsible for Linux (CentOS & Fedora) server infrastructure, including monitoring, patching, security, optimization, and disaster recovery. Deploy new servers (or VM spin ups) as needed
• Maintain and administer source code control
• Maintain and administer bug tracking
• Communicate effectively with Project/Program Manager to clearly provide progress updates, roadblocks, and offer suggestions & solutions
• Communicate effectively with team members to clearly provide updates, ask questions, and foster collaboration
• Work effectively in an team environment
• Required experience, 5+ Years - DBA experience, 3+ years Linux System Administration
• Essential skills, extensive experience with open source database administration, including MySQL and PostgreSQL. Clustering, redundancy, backup/recovery skills.
• Experience with AWS ECC or similar. Linux & Apache deployment, administration, monitoring, and disaster planning/recovery experience.
• Ability to work with internal and external engineers, and provide clear documentation. Highly structured, with good communication & interpersonal skills.
· Write code using highly structured programming techniques, and disciplined documentation skills
· Communicate effectively with Project/Program Manager to clearly provide progress updates, roadblocks, and offer suggestions & solutions
· Communicate effectively with team members to clearly provide updates, ask questions, and foster collaboration
· Work well in a team environment
· Required experience, 5 Years - Software Development. Broadcasting, automotive or Industry equivalent experience preferred
· Essential skills, extensive scripting language expertise required (Perl, PHP, Ruby, Python).
· Broad experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, HTTP, XML, Client/Server (TCP/IP), C/C++, Linux, SVN.
· Ability to work with external engineers, and provide clear documentation, APIs, and sample code.
· Experience with Technical Standards, Documentation Skills, Good Communication & Interpersonal Skills.
· Working knowledge of broadcast data protocols (TPEG, TMC, HD Radio, Maps, Geolocation) desired, but not required
PRG - Real Talent. Real Opportunity.
Office: 210.340.4644 | Fax: 210.340.4643
•npierce at prgrecruiting.com <mailto:npierce at prgrecruiting.com> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/natalie-pierce/9/748/810>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the colug-jobs