[colug-jobs] Hiring Systems Administrator
wmoore at 2co.com
Sat Jul 2 18:03:47 EDT 2011
Interested parties, please send me your resume.
We are looking for a systems administrator with strong experience in Open Source technologies. We expect a minimum of five years Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred) experience required with a focus on Internet technologies, which provide services to the public. Experience with Microsoft technologies in a heterogeneous environment is also desireable.
Aware of common practices, system monitoring, high availability, disaster recovery techniques, and all levels of systems administration skills. A dedicated person serious about their career with attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
You will be a member of a cross functional team where responsibilities are shared for all facets of the infrastructure. Experience with the operation of multiple data centers serving the financial services industry is also desireable.
Must be able to understand existing infrastructure standards quickly and apply them consistently without deviation throughout buildout. Should understand expectations within well-run IT department with minimal supervision.
Our primary goals are high production availability, scalability, security, user satisfaction, and fulfilling company goals.
Be ready for a challenging fast paced environment with opportunity to work with a variety of interesting technologies. We like to build exceptional solutions that work well. We have competitive benefits, a flexible working environment, generous PTO, and profit sharing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participates in rotating 24/7 on-call schedule for production issues and performs daily security checklist.
* Proven experience successfully managing complex technology projects to completion.
* Responsible for building and improving LAMP (PERL, PHP, and Ruby) Web servers that will run internally developed applications using established build standards.
* Understands the operation of PHP and mod_perl applications, able to configure and administrate the infrastructure and technologies commonly applicable to these development platforms.
* Able to utilize SQUID as a transparent proxy using rewrites and caching for public facing Web application.
* Proven success implementing LVS, ldirectord, heartbeat, and other Linux high availability software.
* Successfully implemented netfilter firewalls using iptables and Shorewall or equivilant front-end technologies.
* Created customized monitoring solutions using SNMP, PERL, bash, and Nagios to satisfy detailed monitored requirements that are not supported using out of box technologies.
* Implemented security standards for server infrastructure and understands the application of security scanners (OpenVAS) and host based IDS (AIDE) as well as network based IDS (SNORT).
* Awareness of PCI DSS Level 1 compliance and the implications surrounding the standard is desireable.
* Experienced with BASH and PERL scripting, able to understand and operate customized build scripts. Consistently automates routine tasks reducing administrative overhead.
* Understands networking and dynamic routing protocols, which includes Cisco networking equipment.
* Experienced with MySQL replication and common architectures for highly available implementations.
Key Success Factors:
* Ability to assess new technologies and processes targeted towards enhancing the primary department goals.
* Ability to ensure system availability in an environment where security and information privacy is the number one, unequaled priority.
* Ability to accomplish department goals, monitor key metrics, and create reports demonstrating effective communication in a non-technical manner.
* Ability to provide technical cross training for team members while maintaining positive team morale within a fast paced, high intensity environment.
* Non-negotiable willingness and ability to act transparently inside and outside the team, pay attention to detail and log all activity with integrity, honesty and the highest level of accountability.
* Exceptional candidates will have unquestionable integrity and be extremely passionate about infrastructure service and delivery.
* Exceptional candidates will have a proven record of accomplishment in driving both personal and team results supported by proven metrics and performance evaluation criteria.
* Exceptional candidates will be communicative effectively and be highly technical with a proven ability to work between IT and various business units.
Sr. Manager, Enterprise Architecture | 2Checkout.com, Inc. (2CO)
1785 O'Brien Rd., Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: (614)921-2419 Fax: (614)921-2442
More information about the colug-jobs