[carpe] Multimeters

Gabriel Sheeley iammcgaber at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 22:04:38 EST 2017

Anyone have a recommendation on a quality low-cost multimeter?  I don’t need anything profession or scientific grade, just something to help me understand better what is happening on my hardware and how my code or things I attach to my hardware are affecting the flow of electricity.

The two I am looking at are:
Tekpower DT830B <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KGCI0Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AVHGJR6CAK15I> - Really cheap and seems to get good reviews.
Mastech MS8264 <https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0136YQD02/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3I5PRQWXF9GX&coliid=I1I7TJBPY9MV7E&psc=1> - Four times more expensive, but seems to be better quality and have a few more options.  Is that worth the extra cost?

Thanks,

Gabriel Sheeley