[carpe] April Meetup

Gabriel Sheeley iammcgaber at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 14:36:33 EDT 2018

Hey everyone, the meeting is on for tomorrow night.  Our own Russ Herrold is going to be educating us in the finer aspects of soldering, so make sure you bring all your soldering gear!!

One of the things we will be working on are assembling some QRT Pixie shortwave radio kits (https://www.banggood.com/5Pcs-DIY-QRP-Pixie-CW-Receiver-Transmitter-Kit-7_023MHz-Shortwave-Radio-p-1146534.html <https://www.banggood.com/5Pcs-DIY-QRP-Pixie-CW-Receiver-Transmitter-Kit-7_023MHz-Shortwave-Radio-p-1146534.html>).  This is going to be a great opportunity to become better at soldering, as well as learn something about shortwave radio, and how to become a licensed radio operator.  (For more in-depth info, see Russ’ email that he sent out recently, or go to the CARPE mailing archives.  http://lists.colug.net/pipermail/carpe/2018-March/000131.html <http://lists.colug.net/pipermail/carpe/2018-March/000131.html>)

Per usual, try to RSVP on our Meetup page, as this helps us to get an accurate count for Pizza.
https://www.meetup.com/techlifecolumbus/events/lscbhpyxgbnb/ <https://www.meetup.com/techlifecolumbus/events/lscbhpyxgbnb/>

See everyone tomorrow,

Gabriel Sheeley