[carpe] carpe meeting reminder -- 10 April 2018 at 1800

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Apr 10 16:45:15 EDT 2018

The meeting is a couple hours away.

I have a few of the 'Pixie' kits which one may purchase off
me at cost of $5, or several old pull out printed circuit
cards for free. which may be desoldered, and then
re-soldered

Either way, we (YOU !!) will practice soldering

YOU should bring:

- an iron (25 to 35 watts)
- a solder sucker (optional)
- some solder -- not much needed, perhaps three feet or so
	(optional) I can supply a bit
- additional electrical soldering flux (optional)

- an extension cord (outlets may not be conveniently
	positioned)
- a spongue, or paper towel to wipe excess solder off the iron
	tip
- something to use as a workpad, to avoid marring the host
	facility's workdesks (I use a home-made 'breadboard'
	made from a piece of plywood scrap, and feet on the
	bottom, joined by 'Gorilla Glue'
- a piece of 'Scotch-brite' pad (optional)

The first four items are available up at MicroCenter; the last
four you probably have laying around the house

-- Russ herrold