[colug-432] SLES10 sp3 upgrades

Travis Sidelinger travis at ilive4code.net
Fri Dec 18 13:43:10 EST 2009

I've opened tickets with Novell.  Got some initial responses for some
more info, but do not have their resolutions yet.

I also opened a ticket "complaining" that kernel upgrades remove the old
working kernel.  Redhat's approach of keeping the old kernel is much
better as, what if the new kernel does not work.  Then you are SOL and
stuck looking for the rescue cd while the system is down.  That's simply
non enterprise quality in my opinion.