[colug-432] Emailing COLUG list

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Oct 8 13:34:11 EDT 2009

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, R P Herrold wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, ***  wrote:
>
> We have a couple of users of gmail getting snagged and tossed
> off the list again.  I post this with the affected
> party's name elided, so that my thinking is not obscure

Chuckle -- almost immediately, I recieved an email from
another list member with headers indicating gmail as the
backend transport path asking

> me[? -- am I] one of them that gets nailed?
> I've had mixed results attempting to post lately.

and the only answer I can give is:

I don't read all failed offerings to the mail servers I admin
-- there are wayyy too many spammers doing that to make for
interesting reading ;)

My servers comply with the RFC's -- If a non-compliant server,
or even a rude one, have problems, it is not on the side of
the demarc I can fix

-- Russ herrold