[colug-432] 200 line kernel patch

Christopher Bumgarner christopher.bumgarner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 13:18:16 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:24 PM, Bill Baker <bill_chris at earthlink.net>wrote:

> I'm opening the entire RSS folder (25 tabs) for PoliticalWire.com.  As I
> read each article, I close its tab.

Would you, by chance, have a theme installed in your Firefox? I have noticed
that certain themes will cause Firefox to hog CPU. If so, try switching back
to the default theme and see if the problem persists.

If you are using the default theme, then there may be a flash element or
something on each page that is causing the high CPU. There are add-ons that
can block flash.  I use no-script. It's a pain to use but it's effective.

Chris