[colug-432] Print to Wireless Printer

Ed Liddle ed at someplaceinohio.net
Thu Dec 16 10:22:33 EST 2010

Tom,

I am not too familiar with the lexmark printer you are trying to get working.
I did find the following page about lexmark printers that may be of help.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HardwareSupportComponentsPrinters/LexmarkPrinters#Installing%20the%20drivers%20and%20setting%20up%20a%20printer

Also a quick search on openprinting.org yeilds  this result
http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Lexmark/Lexmark-7000

I hope this helps.

-Ed Liddle

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Thomas W. cranston
<cranston.thomas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to print from my laptop (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) to friends wireless
> Lexmark 7000 printer. He is able to print to wireless printer w/his Mac
> laptop.
>
> Nothing was happening at first. I could see his printer on the network,
> but it did not show up when I tried to run the troubleshooter.
>
> I finally figured that CUPS was probably not present, as I did not have
> a printer when I installed Ubuntu and skipped over the printing stuff. I
> then ran sudo apt-get install --reinstall cups. After I print, I get
> message Document printed. Document has been sent to Lexmark 7000 for
> printing, but the printer does not print. Nothing comes out. It does
> print from a Mac laptop though.
>
> Is the problem that different operating systems are trying to operate
> the printer w/different drivers?
>
> How do I confirm that a driver is installed?
>
> If so, how do I determine which driver is installed?
>
> Tom

-Ed Liddle

No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many
electrons were terrible inconvenienced.