[colug-432] sendmail using wrong domain

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Thu Feb 11 13:23:13 EST 2010

Scott,

Can I assume that you've ruled out something in sendmail.cf (i.e. Dj
directive)?  Are all the RHEL servers identically configured?  Do they all
have similar host.osu.edu and host.dept.osu.edu domains?

It seems to me the question is, why does sendmail think the host domain is
host.dept.osu.edu rather than host.osu.edu.  Is that a fair statement?

If so, it seems sendmail.cf is one of the few places you haven't mentioned
where it could be picking up that domain.

-Eric