[colug-432] to run live CD from pen drive

MUNEER AHMED SYED sytechie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 09:14:13 EST 2010

Hi,

I got following from novell documentation.

*
*

*HINT: Booting the LiveCD from an USB Stick*

Live CD iso images can also be used as boot images for USB sticks. Create a
bootable USB stick by using the command-line program dd with the following
syntax:

dd if=ISO_IMAGE of=USB_STICK_DEVICE bs=4M

 dd is available on Linux and MacOS by default. A Microsoft Windows* version
can be downloaded from http://www.chrysocome.net/dd.

Warning: Using this dd command will erase all data on the USB device!