[colug-432] KDE4 Rocks

Christopher Bumgarner christopher.bumgarner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 22:10:57 EST 2010

I like KDE, mostly.  I just installed Kubuntu 9.10 on a spare laptop, its
the first time I tried it since 4.0 came out.  I like the look and feel.
However, the usability of some of the apps continue to disappoint. Some
dialog boxes are too small to contain all of the text.  The file selection
dialog is tiny when it first opens--its only big enough to show three
files.  It makes me wonder if the KDE devs even test these things.   The
plasma widgets are cool, but I never get to see them much because of all the
open windows. I could just click the 'show desktop' button, but there isn't
one!

KPackageKit has to be the worst package manager ever. The list of obvious
design errors is so long, I don't know where to start. I wonder if I can use
synaptic on KDE?

Chris